Big Firm Results.
Personalized Attention.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Construction Accidents
  6.  » How To Seek Compensation After A Construction Accident

Guiding Injured Construction Workers Through The Compensation Process

A construction site accident can be devastating, but even a minor injury may require medical treatment and time off work. While the Illinois workers’ compensation system exists to cover those expenses and lost wages, you may have to fight to get the benefits you deserve.

The attorneys at Rosenberg, Eisenberg & Associates, LLC, know how difficult it can be to obtain adequate compensation for injuries related to construction accidents. This may include temporary or permanent disability benefits.

If you are not clear about your rights under the law, you may miss out on benefits essential to your recovery and well-being. Contact our Arlington Heights offices at 847-640-1676 for information about how we can assist you in pursuing benefits through workers’ compensation.

Essential Steps In The Process

Following an accident on the job, your primary focus should be getting the medical care you need. Whether this means calling 911, having a co-worker drive you to a medical facility or making an appointment with your doctor, the sooner you get a medical opinion, the sooner you can begin treatment for your injuries.

Additionally, promptly seeking medical attention means it is less likely your workers’ compensation claim will be denied. The next steps will also improve your chances of a successful claim:

  • Submit a written report of your accident to your employer within 45 days. Give as many details as possible, including where and when the accident occurred.
  • File a copy of your notarized application for a workers’ compensation claim with your employer and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. You must do so within three years of your injury.
  • Document your accident with photographs, witness accounts, injury symptoms, medical treatments and your own recollection of the event. Do this while your memory is still clear.
  • Contact a lawyer with extensive experience in workers’ compensation claims.

Seeking the guidance of an attorney means having an advocate to keep your claim moving in the right direction. You will also have aggressive representation during any challenges to your claim or if your case qualifies for a third-party claim. Rosenberg, Eisenberg & Associates, LLC, will work to obtain for you the maximum compensation possible so you can focus on your recovery.

Don’t Hesitate To Seek Our Assistance

Construction accidents may result in intense and long-term medical care, prolonged time off work and perhaps a lifetime of disability. Call 847-640-1676 or use our online form so we can begin seeking the compensation you deserve.

We offer personal attention and big-firm results to injured construction workers in Arlington Heights and other Chicago suburbs. Interpreting services are available.