Your First Actions After An Accident Are Crucial
It may seem strange to plan for a car accident. However, knowing beforehand how to react and what to do may improve your chances of recovering from any injuries and obtaining the compensation you need.
At Rosenberg, Eisenberg & Associates, LLC, we have assisted many accident victims in obtaining compensation for injuries suffered in Arlington Heights and other Chicago suburbs. We are prepared to offer vigorous representation to serve you in the same way when you contact us at 847-640-1676. While you can never be certain of the outcome of any motor vehicle accident, your actions in the moments and days following the collision can make a difference.
Your Health And Safety First
The moments following an automobile accident can be chaotic and frightening. If you are injured, you may not be able to think clearly. This is why having a plan is important. Your first impulse should be to protect yourself. Do not place yourself in harm’s way or move around if you are seriously injured. If you are able, however, follow these steps:
- Call for police and medical responders. You will need their reports for any potential legal claims.
- Check on the occupants of the other vehicles.
- Gather the names and contact information of the other driver and any witnesses to the accident.
- Take as many pictures as you can of your vehicle, your injuries and the surroundings.
- Do not talk to anyone except police about the accident. Do not share it on social media.
- Be careful not to use words like “I’m sorry” or anything else that may be interpreted as an admission of fault.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Call an attorney to handle things from this point.
The lawyers at Rosenberg, Eisenberg & Associates, LLC, will deal with claims adjusters and negotiate in your name for a fair settlement. We will also represent you aggressively if your case warrants a civil claim. We have a reputation for offering big-firm results with personalized attention to accident victims in Illinois.
Don’t Hesitate To Call Us
Evidence in a car accident disappears quickly. It is important to have a diligent and proactive attorney at the earliest possible moments following an accident, especially if you or a loved one suffered injuries. Call us at 847-640-1676 or contact us online to set up a free initial consultation. Interpreting services are available.