Pursuing All Sources Of Liability For Your Truck Accident Injuries
Sharing the road with commercial vehicles is something you cannot always avoid. The sheer size and weight of semitrucks and tractor-trailers place you at an unfair disadvantage if you are involved in an accident with one of these giants.
At Rosenberg, Eisenberg & Associates, LLC, we are dedicated to helping victims of truck accidents in the Chicago area and throughout Illinois recover the compensation they deserve so they can get their lives back on track. If you call us at 847-640-1676, we can begin investigating the causes of the accident that led to your injuries.
Finding The Cause Of Your Accident
Victims of accidents involving semitrucks or tractor-trailers typically suffer severe, even catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical care, perhaps for the rest of their lives. However, the truck driver may not be the only one responsible for your injuries. Our lawyers have more than 60 years of combined experience investigating the causes of preventable truck accidents in Cook County and throughout Illinois.
A wide variety of factors can cause truck accidents, including these and many others:
- Unsecured loads can be catastrophic when the freight breaks loose and falls into traffic.
- Overweight loads can make the vehicle difficult for the driver to control, place tremendous strain on a truck’s brakes and lead to tire blowouts.
- Fatigued drivers are a danger no matter what vehicles they drive, which is why federal law regulates the number of hours a trucker can drive without sleep.
- Truck maintenance is critical for a trucking company because a system failure, such as brakes, tires or engine, can lead to disaster.
- Reckless driving — including speeding, tailgating, road rage or unsafe lane changes — may occur when a truck driver becomes complacent after too many hours on the road.
- Distracted driving is a universal problem, but a truck driver can cause catastrophic damage by texting, using a GPS or allowing other distractions to interfere with driving.
- Defective or ineffective rear and side lighting and other protections may increase the chances of underride accidents, which are frequently fatal.
Our attorneys are proud of the success we have had in providing relief to families in similar situations by exploring every possible source of liability.
Reach Out For Personal Attention
We have the skill and resources to find the root causes of your accident, and we will personally and compassionately guide you through the process of seeking compensation for your injuries. Call our Arlington Heights offices at 847-640-1676 or use our online form for a free initial consultation. Interpreting services are available.